What's a standby home generator?
A backup home generator keeps your power on during a utility outage. It’s installed outside your house like an AC unit and it comes on automatically - whether you’re home or away. All within seconds of a power outage. Home generators run on propane (LPG) or natural gas - there’s no refueling like with a portable generator.
- 6 kW-150 kW
- Ideal for backing up your entire home
- Automatically starts and restores power in seconds whether you’re home or away
- Powers critical hard-wired systems like AC, heat, sump pumps, well pumps, security systems and large appliances
- Delivers high-quality power that won’t harm your electronics. (A portable generator delivers power that can vary in quality/distortion and may not be safe to use with sensitive electronics like TVs and computers)
- Michigan Critical Power considers the Cummins QuietConnect series of home standby generators to be our flagship line for our residential installations. Their sound insulated enclosures have best-in-class 65dB or lower noise.
- We have also had great success with and frequently install the Briggs & Stratton legendary Fortress line. Both of their 13kW models have been the perfect fit for dozens of our customers!
- Also, we design and install systems from Generac, Kohler or Champion!